Hunt the Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Elimination Round...

So, I cannot really complain, because potty training Bounce was a breeze. I got up twice a night during the first week (more because I am neurotic than she needed to...). Then pretty much once a night for the second week, aka 10 weeks old. Now in the third week she has had two full nights of sleep where, I have not taken her out after I went to sleep.

I admire how strong her bladder is. She has had one daytime accident this week (my fault for not taking her out, since I didn't understand what she was barking about). I try and keep her on a schedule. Going out approximately every two hours or when she lets me know that she is needing to go out, usually because I have gotten caught up with my own work. I am very fortunate she has great bladder control, but I am wondering if house breaking is really that hard?

6 comments:

  1. Hi, I am looking forward to reading all about your adventures with Bounce as this pretty pup grows into adulthood. I too, have a dog blog..please stop by when you can... http://lifeofapoundpuppy.blogspot.com
    And welcome to doggie blogland!!! Hugs and wasgs, Mistaya and her M.O.M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again, I forgot to tell you that Delilah and Rocket sent us over to your blog! Mistaya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the Vizsla Blog world. We will watch with interest Bounce's growth.
    Rod
    http://redbirddog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bounce! Welcome to the Vizsla blogging world! Keep the puppy pictures coming :)

    Kisses,
    Laila
    www.misslaila.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. House training really isn't that hard (except for a couple breeds like dachshund, basset, and some real small dogs). Usually if there are issues it can be traced to what human is doing or not doing. It all comes down to a schedule. Got my vizsla puppy around 11 weeks and she had a total of 4 accidents, in the first couple weeks, and all surprised her. They were in the middle of play before i knew about the whole "stop play at 20 minutes and take the puppy out to potty" rule.. same applies to chewing bones/treats, if they have been working at something for `15-20 minutes they are going to have to potty the moment the take a break, due to all the saliva fooling their stomach into thinking it's bladder is full. Anyway, I shall hush.. Keep up the good work, most vizslas are very clean dogs (outside of playing in mud), and if given the choice would prefer to keep themselves clean.
    take care
    Anna & Luna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful stories. It sounds like you have a jem. :) Now you need another one to keep her company!

    Marshall

    www.marshallandmollie.com

    ReplyDelete